1. Where do you apply for Dental Registration in The Bahamas?
You can obtain an application form and the list of required documents by writing to: The Bahamas Dental Council P.O. Box N-3345 Nassau, The Bahamas
2. What are the requirements for Dental Registration in The Bahamas?
See Dental Council registration requirements list.
3. What Dental schools are accepted for Registration?
Most dental schools from the following regions are accepted for registration in The Bahamas: The U.S., United Kingdom, Canada and University of the West Indies.
4. Where do you apply for Government-employment?
Address applications to: Director of Oral Health Ministry of Health P.O. Box N-3729 Nassau, The Bahamas.
5. Does The Bahamas require you to sit a Board exam?
The Dental Council does not have a board exam but to meet the requirements of the Council for registration, the applicant must pass a Board exam from one of the following regions: U.S., United Kingdom, Canada or Jamaica.
6. Can a non-national apply for registration and employment in The Bahamas?
Yes, if the requirements for registration by the Council are met along with the requirements of the Department of Immigration.
7. What is the address for the Department of Immigration?
Department of Immigration P.O. Box N-831 Nassau, The Bahamas
8. Is there a Dental Association and what the address?
Yes. The address is: Bahamas Dental Association P.O. Box N-8186 Nassau, The Bahamas
9. Does the Dental Council requir CDE credits?
The Council requires each licensed practitioner to complete at least 30 credits every 2 years.
10. Is there an application or registration fee?
There is no application fee; but once your application is approved for registration, a registration fee of $100.00 and an annual licence fee of $200.00 is required.